I remember this incident nearly after one and a half years, not because i encountered something peculiar which in a way is related to my post but simply because I was hunting for a topic to post in my blog after a long time, and this incident knocked my mind suddenly. It so happened that I wanted to attend a Life Transformation Workshop at British Council which was being conducted for two days and the transformation intended was from 'College' to 'Corporate'. It was conducted at a time when i really had no idea whether i would enter into the corporate world for sure coz that was the time when i had conflicts with my parents that i don't want to work and i wanna pursue my dreams.Nevertheless I was driven by my mind to attend this workshop only for one solid reason which was my Professor. Yes! He was the one who was conducting the workshop and having known him already I was assured of an interesting session.I had always felt, he stands out from others in whatever he did, and so I was happy to spend my weekend with a totally mixed crowd.Students from arts,economics,pure science background,and some corporate people were also present.There were quite a few interesting demonstrating lectures ( not to be compared with the Total Quality Management,Professional Ethics,HR class lectures which used to be considered as lullabies :P) which were really interesting and that was when i started thinking seriously about my future.There were a few games conducted by my professor and his friend cum colleague, which were supposed to bring out our uniqueness and our latent qualities.One of these games had such an everlasting impact in my mind that i am reminded of it every-time I observe some people in the real world scenario.
The game goes like this...We were given a deflated balloon each and were asked to blow it, tie it tightly and hold it safe.The game had just one rule.All of us were supposed to protect our balloons from others.It seemed so funny to me at first, and my so called sixth sense peeped in and was murmuring,"What is so special with this game?We are just playing with balloons?!".The game was declared to have been started and there was total chaos all over the room. I was holding my balloon tight like a small kid and to my astonishment everyone were targeting others' balloons and were trying hard to poke and burst them.I struggled hard to protect mine and was running all over the room but in vain.Finally someone had poked mine too.The game had ended and none of them had a balloon in their hands which was not a surprising sight at all coz people were so eagerly hunting to burst all of the balloons they caught sight of. And the long awaited time had come, to know who the winner was and what the organizers were about to put forth regarding the game and its intention.My professor took hold of the mic and started,"We asked you to protect your balloons from others.Did we ever ask you to burst others' balloons?" Everyone were startled.And he added,"This is how the world is!".Rather than protecting our life and leading it in a way we want it to go,we are always envious about others which eventually makes us commit crimes isn't it?" In real world scenario this is what is really happening which I very lately realized with maturity.I was just imagining,if everyone were keen in protecting their own balloons how peaceful the room would have been?!!?.Everyone would have been declared as winners..!On the way to my home,I was narrating what all had happened in the workshop to my dad who was listening to me keenly and simultaneously driving the car,tackling a heavy traffic congestion.I gleefully told him,"Dad,see... I dint even give a thought on bursting others' balloons while I was busy and keen in protecting mine alone.I did play the game as per the rules only." After a pause, my dad glanced into my sparkling eyes and said,"You still are a loser.You failed to protect yours.Apply this in real life and live smartly coz this is how the world will be and this is what life is all about". The sparkle in my eyes faded.I had no words until we drove back home.
The game goes like this...We were given a deflated balloon each and were asked to blow it, tie it tightly and hold it safe.The game had just one rule.All of us were supposed to protect our balloons from others.It seemed so funny to me at first, and my so called sixth sense peeped in and was murmuring,"What is so special with this game?We are just playing with balloons?!".The game was declared to have been started and there was total chaos all over the room. I was holding my balloon tight like a small kid and to my astonishment everyone were targeting others' balloons and were trying hard to poke and burst them.I struggled hard to protect mine and was running all over the room but in vain.Finally someone had poked mine too.The game had ended and none of them had a balloon in their hands which was not a surprising sight at all coz people were so eagerly hunting to burst all of the balloons they caught sight of. And the long awaited time had come, to know who the winner was and what the organizers were about to put forth regarding the game and its intention.My professor took hold of the mic and started,"We asked you to protect your balloons from others.Did we ever ask you to burst others' balloons?" Everyone were startled.And he added,"This is how the world is!".Rather than protecting our life and leading it in a way we want it to go,we are always envious about others which eventually makes us commit crimes isn't it?" In real world scenario this is what is really happening which I very lately realized with maturity.I was just imagining,if everyone were keen in protecting their own balloons how peaceful the room would have been?!!?.Everyone would have been declared as winners..!On the way to my home,I was narrating what all had happened in the workshop to my dad who was listening to me keenly and simultaneously driving the car,tackling a heavy traffic congestion.I gleefully told him,"Dad,see... I dint even give a thought on bursting others' balloons while I was busy and keen in protecting mine alone.I did play the game as per the rules only." After a pause, my dad glanced into my sparkling eyes and said,"You still are a loser.You failed to protect yours.Apply this in real life and live smartly coz this is how the world will be and this is what life is all about". The sparkle in my eyes faded.I had no words until we drove back home.

No comments:
Post a Comment